Thursday, September 6, 2007

Vacation

Wow, it's been a busy couple of weeks. We went to Hilton Head for a meeting in August, then to Atlanta over Labor Day, so I had the shop closed for a bit. Now my bisque ware is piling up and I will have to glaze and fire today in order to have room to make new stuff.

The construction in my studio started while I was gone and I thought it would be done when I got back, however, things happened....so we have a little different plan on the finishing touches. I believe it will actually be better though. I have two small display rooms and I wanted an opening through each that would function as shelving as well as decoration. It really is going to be nice!

Pictures on the above will follow. I'm starting the downhill race to the fall shows that culminates just before Christmas. I do love the outdoor shows and the excitement of a lively pottery crowd. Setting up and breaking down and packing the car many times is not fun, however. It is just hard, backing aching work.

Well got to run and glaze pots!

No comments: