Friday, September 19, 2008

Professional photos


A couple of professionally made photos of pieces for my wholesale webpage. I think Randy did a fantastic job as always. I will be using the top photo for a postcard for my fall sale. Jen Mecca will be my guest artist and I'm very excited about having her work in the gallery.
If you aren't on my mailing list and would like to be, just email me (bluegillpottery@bellsouth.net) and I will add you. I love getting cards from other potters and artists, myself. In fact I have a wall of laminated postcards in the studio that serve as inspiration.
Today I was finishing up orders, but did get to experiment with colored slip on plates like those above. I mixed some grey slip as a background color for a plum blossom plate. Then I did a dark background with a greyed out bare tree and snow drifting in the wind. These images have been in my mind for quite a while. If they turn out, I'll share some non-professional images with you.

No comments: