Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Koi Fish


These are pieces recently completed in greenware stage. I had a contact from someone in England that was interested in images of fish on ceramic pieces. She is authoring a book on the subject and found my work on the web. I rounded up various images and sent to her. Anxious to see if any will work. Would be lovely to have work published, don't you think? Anyway, had the inspiration to do some more koi pottery. A change was incorporating the fish as a sprig-type decorative element on the body of the piece. We'll see how it works.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Beuatiful new work, Vicki...good to hear you're back..I'll be by to visit as soon as I can. I'm very interested in the pieces when you "clean house"..see you soon !
Gina

Jen Mecca said...

Hey - welcome back! Don't know how long you've been back up but I've been thinking about you. Check your email I sent you something about the hen house.
Nice Koi fish!
Jen