Monday, April 18, 2011

Web Presence, new buzz word

I've been immersed in reading about all the ways to coordinate your web presence through social media, blogs, websites, profile pages, etc. This is in an effort to make my website more effective and to introduce an online retail site. It also comes as a result of a long conversation with a friend about ways to improve retail services/sales for my husband's business, Wilkinson Animal Hospital. I've been pretty actively involved in his business since it opened in 1987. I even was a receptionist for a summer. But now I do his bookkeeping and take staff photos and lots of other small jobs. Since it's our main source of income it tends to take priority over the amount of time I have to spend in the studio, depending on what's happening at the vet hospital. But it's also flexible in the hours and that compensates for the time out of the studio. Lots of ideas churning around about "optimizing our web presences" for both businesses with out it becoming another time sucking machine that keeps us from doing the things we love most about our work. My to-do list is fairly long, so I better get moving!

No comments: