It's been crazy around the studio and in life lately. Our daughter got married in California, so we have been cross country hopping and trying to recuperate from time zone changes and squeezing our bodies into those extremely comfortable tiny plane seats.
I have been having a problem with pin holing in two of my favorite glazes, but it almost always happens on my mugs. I have tried refiring before but it's not usually been successful, in fact, it usually gets worse. So yesterday I tried refiring a collection of pinholed mugs and some bowls that I didn't like the glaze results and eureka!! The thing I changed was firing at 2 cones lower and doing a fast fire instead of a slow fire. The true test will be if it's repeatable.