Friday, April 18, 2008

Furry clay friends




Some promised shots of the clay animals I have been working on. I was trying to figure what animals might logically be on the roof of a house/hut. So you have Mr. Owl and the Crow eating Corn. I think it probably should have been the Cow eating Corn, but that was too much of a stretch for me. The bottom shot is of the beehive cloches and the gaggle of knitting huts. I couldn't get a good image of the Face-Off between the Cat and the Bird. I haven't mastered the macro feature on my camera.
Tonight is the opening reception for the event at Gaston Day School Art Weekend. I get to deck out in "dressy casual", probably the wrong description for a potter, since this means clean jeans and shirt for me most of the time. Hope it all goes well. Jen Mecca and her husband will be there, and hopefully some more artists that I know. Maybe some photos will follow...... Have a great Friday!


2 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Is that little bird having some corn? Those baker are nice Vicki. Who takes your photo's..is it Randy? Jen

Ron said...

Those look great Vicki. I love all the animals. Hope the opening went well last night. You're photos look great too. Have a good weekend.