Sunday, May 18, 2008

After the show syndrome

The show in Gaffney turned out ok for me. It was a beautiful day and I had to wear a light jacket most of the time due to the cool breeze. Just a bit of wind during the afternoon, but I had come prepared and had the tent tied and weighted down, and didn't put up high shelving. I came home with some sunburn on the back of my legs and the front of my knees. Go figure!
The pottery is sitting in the car, awaiting Monday unpacking. I had the "after the show" syndrome, where I didn't want to face it today. As Scarlet O'Hara used to say, "Tomorrow is another pottery day. I can unpack then. As God is my witness, I will never unpack today!"
Tomorrow I will start the whole production line again, working on some dinnerware. I had a great design in my head, just after I woke up this morning, but by breakfast it had escaped me. Got some other ideas on paper that I want to try out, but the great one is still eluding me. Maybe I'll recapture tonight. Sweet pottery dreams to all you clay lovers out there......

No comments: