Friday, October 3, 2008

A preview of New Work for Open House

This is one of the painted slip plates I will have for the Open House at the studio on Oct. 18 and 19. The cards are being mailed today. I will have more info on the blog later, but if you want news Right Now, leave me a comment! These are definitely a work in progress. I like the background grey color and the plum blossoms but want to work more on my blackbird slip. I have fooled around with adding iron oxide to it and so it has lost some of its darkness. Will go back to the original.

That's the amazing thing about making a large body of work. Change is constant for me. People buy things to use and they are getting ideas that are in varying stages of development. I would call this the green grass, full of potential stage. It's very fresh, and I have so many ideas about where I want to go with it.

No comments: