Saturday, July 19, 2008

4 Gold Medals at the US Transplant Games

We just got back from the U.S. National Transplant Games in Pittsburg, PA and Jim won four gold medals in swimming, setting new records for times for the the Games. Of course, pictures will follow. Team North Carolina did a great job. There were 35 medals earned by the team, placing in gold, silver and bronze in various events like swimming, biking, track, etc.

Unfortunately for me, I got an "ear thing" while there, so was only able to see Jim win two of the medals. The rest of the time I was flat out on the bed, wishing to be home like no one's business. There is hardly anything worse than being ill, out of town and in a hotel.

But being back brightened me right up and getting back into the studio was an elixir for health. I am preparing for the open house next week, firing, glazing and last minute preparations. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news about the Games.

No comments: