Saturday, September 20, 2008

Slip Painting



Slip painting from yesterday. We will see how they turn out as far as color. Today I did 2 more of these size plates. The theme today was Paper Lanterns and Pine Tree branches. I am using the blue, green and white slips I mixed up a couple of months ago. Added some grey and mixed in underglazes for the paper lanterns today. A thought I have been having is whether I could paint some of my glazes on the the greenware and then bisque fire. They are not formulated for once-firing and I wouldn't actually be once firing, but don't know if they would crack or cause problems with the clay. Only one way to find out. But if any of youse guys out there have tried this with good or bad results, I would appreciate knowing. My thought is to cut out some of the time consuming layering of glazes.

2 comments:

Tracey Broome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey Broome said...

Sorry the first post didn't make sense after I read it! These plates look like a winter scene right now, I like them just the way they are. Nice photos from the conference, I loved Bruce Cochrane's demos, but so far beyond my skill level right now.