Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Series


I've been working on ideas for a new series of work that will be shown at my Summer Studio Event, Aug. 15 and 16. I'm pretty excited about it, doing sketches all weekend about textures and ideas for pots. This is a little sketch that will appear on my postcard. Haven't used a computer drawing program with much success before, but I was able to scan this black and white drawing, then fill in areas with color. It all got uploaded to Vista Print, which is where I have been getting my postcards from for a while.
The new series is based on ideas about Australia and aboriginal symbols.

3 comments:

Matthew Katz said...

Hi,
My name is Matt Katz
I wanted to let you know that I am collecting a master list of ceramics blogs, over at my blog (you can get to it through my profile. I added yours to the list, but if you get a chance, check it out and let me know if I missed any you know.
Thanks
Matt Katz

Linda Starr said...

Your drawing looks great, what a cool technique being able to send direct to the postcard people; I look forward to seeing your new series. I've been working with drawings lately and using colored pencils, I can't seem to draw on the computer either.

Nancy Loves Blue Gill Pottery. Took my first pottery class this year. LOVED IT!!! said...

Hi Vicki: I can't wait to see your "new stuff". Your are awesome and I love your work! Truly an artist!!! Nancy