Thursday, March 28, 2013

The moon and paintings

I have been invited to do a painting for the North Carolina Pottery Center's 2nd annual Potter's Palette event. Flowers have been on my mind and this striking view of the moon through my Bradford Pear tree's blossoms caught my eye the other night. There is just something magic about the night and the way things look in moonlight. But, probably won't be doing this image. I wanted to incorporate a piece of pottery in the painting and I think I am going to use my most favorite teabowl. Whenever I need a pick me up, I turn to my Ruggles and Rankin (Rock Creek Pottery), chipped though it is. It's even more valuable to me now, because they aren't making work that I could replace it with. Check back to see how it's going. The painting is due at the Center on April 16th. Best get those brushes moving!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Lovely image. Perfect with a piece of pottery added. Get those brushes wet!