Thursday, March 20, 2014

Finished fish platter experiments



These are the glazed examples of the fish platters I was working on several posts ago. If you remember, I was experimenting with a darker clay with white underglaze on the front of the fish. You can see the clay color and how dark and toned down the blue glaze is on the backside of the fish where I didn't put the underglaze. I put on 2 coats of the white underglaze. Next experiment will be with other colors of underglaze. I had a small epiphany when I realized that the underglaze wasn't just giving me a white background, it was actually creating an opaque surface for the glaze to lay on top of. Then I thought I could use underglaze to create the opaque surface but ALSO pop the glaze color even more. More experiments ahead.........




No comments: