Saturday, January 9, 2010

Impressionism inspiration




Since I'm not working with clay in the near future, my thoughts turn to painting and drawing. Just before I left home I took my car to the auto car wash for a well-deserved bath. I love the fact that they have great vaccum cleaners. So powerful it sucked up my ball point pen. I wonder if the job perks include dividing the small change or even bills, jewelry, etc that make their way to the bottom of the vaccum cleaner? Anyway, while riding through, I thought how cool that soapy world looks, so took some shots for future reference.


3 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Wow...curious to know what courses your taking. Hope to see you at the potters conferance! Jen

Unknown said...

These are great! Very inspiring colors. Have you poured inks on wet silk? you could get some of this effect with that techinque.
-pb

Vicki Gill, potter said...

Hey Jen, sure will miss being at the Potters Conference and the Claymatters workshop with McKenzie Smith. Take lots of pictures and post them on your blog or Facebook and I'll experience it from afar.
Pam, that silk thing sounds like fun. Another new thing to try. Only THINKING about paintings now, though!