Sunday, June 29, 2014

Earth and Fire Fest in Shelby, NC





The opening for the Earth and Fire Festival in Shelby, NC was last night and it was great fun. Saw lots of old pals and met new ones and some nice pieces went home with some really nice folks. The show will be up through July 25th. The interior of the gallery space is the old train depot, which is beside some very well travelled tracks. There were a few trains whizzing by last night at a pretty fast clip. I've always liked trains. My grandfather and uncle worked in the railroad industry and my biggest disappointment in 4th grade was the fact that our school field trip had to be cancelled. My class was supposed to ride the train from Bossier City to Oil City and we were supposed to be served Coca-Colas during the journey. Pretty simple expectations back then, huh?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You must be from Shreveport area. How did you escape to N. Carolina clay country??? Enjoy. We're roasting down here.

Vicki Gill, potter said...

Louisianaian born but we moved a few times during the 60's/70's. Got to North Carolina when my husband took a job up here. Really got active in clay after the fact, when my kids were in school. I still have family down in the very deep south and know what it is like to roast down there!