Thursday, October 4, 2007

Open House

I'm having an Open House on Saturday, Oct. 6, 10am to 5pm, and Sunday, Oct. 7, 1 to 4 pm at Bluegill Pottery, 4522 W. Wilkinson Blvd., Gastonia, NC 28056.

This is the first open house where I have had other artists come in. Guest artists for this event are Gilda Coughlin, who makes handmade jewelry, and Renee Matthews, who is a clay artist and also paints. So there will be pottery, sculpture, paintings and drawings and handmade jewelry.

I'm finishing up firing the two kilns, full of brie bakers and mugs, and some funky work that I did with my handbuilding class. I love that class because it pushes me out beyond my boundaries and into funky-land! So you will see some chicken pitchers, a sculptural candleholder and an oval bowl with lots of waves and texture. That is, if everything makes it through the firing!

Hope to see you there. If not, I'll be in Charlotte next weekend, and in Vale the weekend after that.

No comments: