Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Daffodils



I took a shot of my blooming daffodils about a week or more ago. Now they totally surround a grouping of trees in the back yard. The ones in the vase are from various points around the front and back. I have double flowers in the front that are pale yellow. In the back I have the old standards-single flowered and bright yellow. Out under some crepe myrtles I planted tete-a-tete, the small, sweet little daff that has brilliant green leaves. I love these flowers because they are hardy, don't need assistance once planted and come back each year and bring new friends with them. The perfect house guest or plant!
The draw back is that they don't last long once you cut them. But I enjoyed them this morning with the rain beginning to fall, the red maple in bloom outside the window and the lovely smell of bergamot from my Earl Grey tea in my Ruggles and Rankin teabowl. Great start. Hope your day is full of spring.

No comments: